Published March 17, 2020
UPDATE: After watching the video below, check out our most recent update with further explanation of why we continue to meet weekly for worship on the Lord’s Day.
UPDATE 2: Our April COVID-19 update can be found here.
The elders want to share an update on how Desert Hills is responding to the coronavirus pandemic. You can view a video where I cover the details of our response.
For those who prefer a quick summary rather than a video, here are the highlights:
- All church activities, on and off campus, have been suspended through March 29. The baby dedication and student ministries lunch will be rescheduled for a date to be determined later.
- Sunday morning service will be live-streamed at 10:30am. The church will be open at 10:20am for those who want to attend in person, and we will close the church about 10 minutes after the service ends.
- If you are in a vulnerable demographic or interact regularly with someone in a vulnerable demographic, we strongly encourage you to stay home and enjoy the live-stream.
- If you have any symptoms of any illness or you have been exposed to coronavirus or other illnesses with symptoms like coronavirus, please stay home and watch the live-stream. Also, please notify us so we can pray for you.
- No childcare will be provided during the service, and we will not have greeters, ushers, coffee, donuts, bulletins, or pass an offering plate.
For the reasons we made this decision, I encourage you to watch the video linked above. The elders will meet again on March 30 to assess the situation and make further determinations about next steps. Thank you for your prayers for us as we seek to shepherd you faithfully during this quickly changing and difficult time.
Praying with and for you,
Robb, Kevin, and John